Other employees: Senior researcher, Dr. Lozinskaya Elena I.; Senior researcher, Dr. Mel’nik Ol’ga A.; Senior researcher, Kotel’nikov Viktor A.; Junior researcher, Dr. Zabegaeva Olesya N.; Engineer Popova Nadejda A.; PhD Student/engineer Ponkratov Denis O.; Morozova S.M.
Emeritus Dr. Sakharova Antonina A.
The Laboratory of High-Molecular Compounds (LHMC) was created in 1954 by Academician V.V. Korshak (1909–1988) who was one of the pioneers and founders of the polymer science both in Soviet Union and abroad. V.V. Korshak headed the Lab until his death in 1988. Then the baton was taken by one of the Korshak’s pupil, namely Prof. A.L. Rusanov (1939-2010) who led the laboratory from 1988 till 2010. Starting from February, 2011 the LHMC lab is headed by another disciple of the Korshak’s school — Prof. Ya.S. Vygodskii.
1. Investigation of synthesis and properties of various polyheteroarylenes with tailored or task specific properties including polyimides, polyamides, poly(1,3,5-oxadiazole)s, poly-(phenyl)-1,2,4-triazoles, etc.
2. Synthesis of polymers via polycondensation or polymerization in novel reaction media: in Ionic Liquids (ILs) or in supercritical (sc) fluids.
3. Development of novel multifunctional materials on the basis of polymeric ionic liquids (PILs), cross-linked PILs and ionic interpenetrating networks (IPNs). Study of their application as polymer membranes for Li batteries, solar cells, gas separation, etc.
4. Synthesis and examination of new (co)polymers, molecular and nanosized composites prepared by radical polymerization in situ of vinyl monomers (methyl methacrylate, styrene, N-vinylpirrolidone etc.) in the presence of different compounds (polyheteroarylenes [polyimides, polyamides, polyarylenes etc.], nanoparticles [silica, in particular] etc.).
5. Anionic activated polymerization of lactams, including ε-caprolactame. Synthesis of novel polymers via anionic (co)polymerization of lactames in the presence of polyheteroarylenes (polyimides, in particular), carbon nanotubes and Ionic Liquids.
1. Ya.S. Vygodskii, T.V. Volkova, T.L. Batalova, O.N. Zabegaeva, E.M. Belavtseva, A.A. Sakharova, R.G. Gasanov, D.A. Sapozhnikov, V.Yu. Voytekunas. “Copolymers obtained by ε-caprolactam and methyl methacrylate polymerization in the presence of polyimides” // High Performance Polymers, 2009. Vol. 21. P. 579.
2. D.A.Sapozhnikov, T.V.Volkova, A.A.Sakharova, R.G.Gasanov, V.Yu.Voytekunas, M.J.M.Abadie, J.-Y.Sanchez, Ya.S.Vygodskii. Copolymers Formation by Photopolymerization of (Meth)acrylates Containing Dissolved Polyheteroarylenes.// International Journal of Polymer Science. Vol. 2009. Article ID 527046. DOI:10.1155/2009/527046. (http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijps/2009/527046.html).
3. T.V. Volkova, Ya.S. Vygodskii, O.N. Zabegaeva, Ya.V. Zubavichus, M.N. Il’ina, A.P. Krasnov, O.V. Afonicheva, E.I. Lozinskaya, A.S. Shaplov, A.G. Filatova, I.A. Garbuzova, “Grafted copolymers of aromatic polyimides and lactams: synthesis and characterization” // J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2009, v. 114, P. 577-586.
4. A.S. Shaplov, L. Goujon, F. Vidal, E.I. Lozinskaya, F. Meyer, I.A. Malyshkina, C. Chevrot, D. Teyssie, I.L. Odinets, Ya.S. Vygodskii, “Ionic IPNs as novel candidates for highly conductive solid polymer electrolytes” // J. Polym.Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 2009, v. 47, P. 4245-4266.
5. A.S. Shaplov, E.I. Lozinskaya, R. Losada, C. Wandrey, A.T. Zdvizhkov, A.A. Korlyukov, K.A. Lyssenko, I.A. Malyshkina, Ya.S. Vygodskii, “Polymerization of the new double-charged monomer bis-1,3(N,N,N-trimethylammonium)-2-propylmethacrylate dicyanamide and ionic conductivity of the novel polyelectrolytes” // Polym.Adv. Technol., 2009, DOI: 10.1002/pat.1569.
6. Ya.S. Vygodskii, T.V. Volkova, O.N. Zabegaeva, Z.Yu. Chistyakova, V.A. Shanditsev, M.I. Buzin, Ya.V. Zubavichus, O.V. Sinitsyna, G.G. Nikiforova, A.P. Krasnov, I.A. Garbuzova, E.M. Belavtseva, “Synthesis and characteristics of the composites based on poly(caproamide) and multiwalled carbon nanotubes” // “Vysokomol.Soed.” (Polymer Science Ser. C), 2009, Ser. C, v. 51, no 1, P. 63-73.
7. D.A. Sapozhnikov, A.A. Sakharova, T.V. Volkova, A.M. Nikulina, A.O. Terent’ev, D.A. Borisov, O.V. Afonicheva, E.V. Korostylev, Ya.S. Vygodskii. “Nanocomposites based on polymethylmethacrylate and silica” // Russ. Phys. Bull. (Izv. AN Ser. Phys.), 2010, v. 74, no. 7, P. 1039.
8. Ya.S. Vygodskii, D.A. Sapozhnikov, A.S. Shaplov, E.I. Lozinskaya, N.V. Ignat’ev, M. Schulte, P.S. Vlasov, I.A. Malyshkina. New ionic liquids with hydrolytically stable anions as alternative to hexafluorophosphate and tetrafluoroborate salts in free radical polymerization and in the preparation of ion conducting composites. // Polymer Journal, advance online publication, 8 December 2010 (DOI: 10.1038/pj.2010.115).
9. L.N. Puntus, I.S. Pekareva, K.A. Lyssenko, A.S. Shaplov, E.I. Lozinskaya, A.T. Zdvizhkov, M.I. Buzin, Ya.S. Vygodskii, “Influence of ionic liquid anion nature on the properties of Eu-containing luminescent materials” // J. Opt. Mater., 2010, V.32, №6, P.707-710.
10. O.A. Mel’nik, A.S. Shaplov, E.I. Lozinskaya, N.A. Popova, M.V. Makarov, I.L. Odinets, K.A. Lyssenko, G.I. Timofeeva, I.A. Malyshkina, Ya.S. Vygodskii. “Synthesis and investigation of polymers based on ionic monomers with phosphonate side groups”// “Vysokomol. Soed.” (Polymer Science Ser. B), 2010, Ser. B, v. 52, no. 5-6, P.316-326.
11. K.K. Denshchikov, M.Y. Izmaylova, A.Z. Zhuk, Y.S. Vygodskii, V.T. Novikov, A.F. Gerasimov. “1-Methyl-3-butylimidazolium tetraflouroborate with activated carbon for electrochemical double layer supercapacitors” // Electrochim. Acta, 2010, V. 55, no. 25, P. 7506-7510.
12. T.V. Volkova, A.S. Shaplov, O.N. Zabegaeva, Ya.V. Zubavichus, O.V. Sinicina, A.G. Filatova, M.N. Il’ina, Ya.S. Vygodskii “Polycaproamide films containing Ionic Liquids. Microstructure and properties” // Russ. Phys. Bull.(Izv. AN Ser. Phys.), 2011, v. 75, no. 2, P. 232-237.
13. Ya.S.Vygodskii, D.A.Sapozhnikov, A.S.Shaplov, E.I.Lozinskaya, N.V.Ignat’ev, M.Schulte, P.S.Vlasov, I.A.Malyshkina. New ionic liquids with hydrolytically stable anions as alternative to hexafluorophosphate and tetrafluoroborate salts in free radical polymerization and in the preparation of ion conducting composites. Polymer Journal, v. 43, no. 2, p. 126 — 135.
14. A.S.Shaplov, P.S.Vlasov, M.Armand, E.I.Lozinskaya, D.O.Ponkratov, I.A.Malyshkina, F. Vidal, O.V.Okatova, G.M.Pavlov, C.Wandrey, I.A.Godovikov, Ya.S.Vygodskii. Design and synthesis of new anionic “polymeric ionic liquids” with high charge delocalization. Polymer Chemsitry, v. 2, no. 11, p. 2609 –2618.
15. A.S.Shaplov, E.I.Lozinskaya, R.Losada, C.Wandrey, A.T.Zdvizhkov, A.A.Korlyukov, K.A., Lyssenko, I.A.Malyshkina, Ya.S.Vygodskii. Polymerization of the new double-charged monomer bis-1,3(N,N,N-trimethylammonium dicyanamide)-2-propylmethacrylate and ionic conductivity of the novel polyelectrolytes.Polymers Adv. Technol. v. 22. no 4 p. 448-457.
16. A.S.Shaplov, E.I.Lozinskaya, D.O.Ponkratov, I.A.Malyshkina, F.Vidal, P.-H.Aubert, O.V. Okatova, G.M.Pavlov, C.Wandrey, Ya.S. Vygodskii. Bis(trifluoro-methylsulfonyl)imide based polymeric ionic liquids: synthesis, purification and peculiarities of structure-properties relationships. ElectrochimicaActa. v. 57, p.74-90.
1. Gold medal from the XI International saloon of industrial properties “Archimed-2008” in the nomination of “Invention, industrial samples, trade marks” for the scientific work “Ionic Liquids in polymer synthesis” (2008);
2. The article “Conductive Polymer Electrolytes Derived from Poly(norbornene)s with Pendant Ionic Imidazolium Moieties”, Macromol. Chem. Phys. (2008, v. 209, P. 40-51) was named in TOP 10 highly read articles of Macromol.Chem. Phys. Journal during 2008 year (2008).
3. The article “Synthesis of polymer ionic liquids and the conductivity of obtained materials“ (“Vysokomol. Soed.” (Polymer Science Ser. A), Ser. А. 2007, v.49, no. 3, P. 256-261) was acknowledged as Polymer Science Journal’s TOP 10 highly downloaded articles from Springer site (www.springer.com) during 2007-2008. Awarded by a special prize from “Nauka/Interperiodica” publishing house (Pleiades Publishing Inc., New York, USA) (2009);
4. The poster “Interpenetrating ionic polymer networks based on 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium and N-ethyl-N-methylpyrrolidinium(3-sulfopropyl)methacrylates as novel solid polyelectrolyte materials in lithium batteries” was awarded 1st place at the 5th All-Russian Kargin’s conference “Polymers 2010” (http://www.kargin.msu.ru/), Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia (2010).