Date of Birth April 10, 1937
Place of Birth Moscow
Graduated from the Moscow Institute of Communication Means in 1959 and from the D. I. Mendeleev Moscow Institute of Chemical Technology in 1962.
Ph.D. (Physics of Polymers), 1965.
D.Sc. (Physics of Polymers), 1968.
Research interests and scientific achievements:
* Development of a physical approach to quantitative estimations of physical properties of linear cross-linked polymers based on their chemical structure; creation of the software that makes it possible to calculate polymer properties and to perform computer syntheses of polymers with predetermined properties.
* Experimental studies of structure and characteristics of heat-resistant aromatic polymers of various classes.
* Development of new methods for experimental and theoretical analysis of relaxation properties of polymer materials, preparations of polymers of the novel type — interpolymers.
* Preparation and studies of electroconductive polymer materials based on heat-resistant polymers and organoelement compounds.
* Creation of gradient polymer materials that have variable modulus of elasticity within the same material and maintain elastic (not viscoelastic) properties in any gradient point.
* The studies of structure and properties of medical-purpose polyacrylamide hydrogels.
1962-1969 Junior researcher, Institute of Organoelement Compounds, USSR Academy of Sciences.
1969-1985 Senior researcher, Institute of Organoelement Compounds.
1985-1988 Leading researcher.
1988- present Head of Laboratory of Polymer Materials.
А.А.Askadskii is the author of more than 450 publications including 27 monographs (eight of them are published abroad).
Most important publications:
1. А.А.Askadskii. Physico-Chemistry of Polyarylates. Moscow, Izd.“Khimiya” , 1968 (230 pp.).
2. А.А.Askadskii. Deformation of Polymers. Moscow, Izd.“Khimiya”, 1973 (440 pp.).
3. А.А.Askadskii. Structure and Properties of Heat-Resistant Polymers. Moscow, Izd.“Khimiya”, 1981 (320 pp.).
4. А.А.Askadskii, Yu.I.Matveev. Chemical Structure and Physical Properties of Polymers. Moscow, Izd.“Khimiya”, 1983 (240 pp.).
5. А.А.Askadskii. Chemical Structure and Properties of Polymers; Quantitative Analysis. Vysokomol. Soed., A37, 332 (1995).
6. А.А.Askadskii, L.M.Goleneva, К.А.Bychko. Gradient Polymer Materials. Vysokomol. Soed., A37, 829 (1995).
7. А.А.Askadskii. Influence of Chemical Structure on Relaxation Properties of Heat-Resistant Polymers. Usp.Khim., 65(8), 733 (1996).
8. A.A. Askadskii, Physical Properties of Polymers, Prediction and Control, Gordon and Breach Publishers, 1996.
9. А.А.Askadskii. Special Features of Structure and Properties of Cross-Linked Polymers. Usp.Khim., 67, 755 (1998).
10. А.А.Askadskii, V.I.Kondrashchenko. Computational Materials Science of Polymers, vol.1, Moscow “Nauchnyi mir”, 1999 (543 pp.).
11. A.А.Askadskii. Lectures on Physico-Chemistry of Polymers. Moscow, Izd. MGU, 2001 (220 pp.).
12. A.A.Askadskii. Computational Materials Science of Polymers. Cambridge International Science Publishing. Cambridge., 2003, 650 pp
13. A. A. Askadskii, Lectures on Physico-Chemistry of Polymers, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., NY, 2003.
Other professional activities:
Thirty Ph.D. theses and three Dr.Sci (Chem) theses have been defended under the direction of Professor. A.A. Askadskii.
А.А.Askadskii is a member of the Editorial Board of journal Russian Polymer News and a member of the Scientific Council on Polymers of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
© INEOS RAS, 2011–2023. Russia, Moscow, 119334, Vavilova St., 28, bld. 1. Tel. +7 (499) 135-92-02, fax +7 (499) 135-50-85, e-mail