Graduated from the Moscow Institute of Communication Means in 1959 and from the D. I. Mendeleev Moscow Institute of Chemical Technology in 1962.
Ph.D. (Physics of Polymers), 1965.
D.Sc. (Physics of Polymers), 1968.
Research interests and scientific achievements:
* Development of a physical approach to quantitative estimations of physical properties of linear cross-linked polymers based on their chemical structure; creation of the software that makes it possible to calculate polymer properties and to perform computer syntheses of polymers with predetermined properties.
* Experimental studies of structure and characteristics of heat-resistant aromatic polymers of various classes.
* Development of new methods for experimental and theoretical analysis of relaxation properties of polymer materials, preparations of polymers of the novel type — interpolymers.
* Preparation and studies of electroconductive polymer materials based on heat-resistant polymers and organoelement compounds.
* Creation of gradient polymer materials that have variable modulus of elasticity within the same material and maintain elastic (not viscoelastic) properties in any gradient point.
* The studies of structure and properties of medical-purpose polyacrylamide hydrogels.
1962-1969 Junior researcher, Institute of Organoelement Compounds, USSR Academy of Sciences.
1969-1985 Senior researcher, Institute of Organoelement Compounds.
1985-1988 Leading researcher.
1988- present Head of Laboratory of Polymer Materials.
А.А.Askadskii is the author of more than 450 publications including 27 monographs (eight of them are published abroad).