Scientific degree: doctor of science (polymer chemistry)
1. Chemistry of polycondensation process: synthesis, catalysis; new processes of polymer formation by the usage of monomers capable of ring-chain tautomerism.
2. Synthesis of tailor-made thermostable and heat resistant homo- and copolymers, mainly, aromatic polyesters, aromatic polyethers (polyaryleneethersulfones, polyaryleneetherketones and polyaryleneetheranthraquinones), polyarylenephthalides and them analogs.
3. Synthesis of monomers for preparing of these polymers.
4. Characterization of polymers and investigation of the influence of polymers chemical structure on their properties.
Main scientific achievements:
The main peculiarities of the influence of cardo polymers chemical structure on their properties have been established for number of polymers’s classes for the first time. As a result scientific foundations of targeted synthesis and regulation of properties of cardo polymers have been stated. Thus the elaboration and successful development of new scientific direction in the chemistry of thermostable polymers — targeted synthesis of cardo polymers have been provided.
The investigations of synthesis for many classes of cardo polymers: aromatic polyethers (polyketones, polysulfones, polyanthraquinones) and polyesters (polyarylates), carbon backbone chain polymers prepared by polymerization have received merited publicity. Selective synthesis of new polymers by the usage of pseudo-dichlorides capable of cycle-chain tautomerism: polymers containing phenoxyphthalide moities and also polyarylenephthalides and their analogs (polyarylenesulfophthalides and polyarylenephthalimidines) have particular place in this number.
The large number of earlier non-described monomers has been synthesized. These monomers have been used for preparation of polymers having sequentially changing chemical structure and properties including new classes of cardo polymers. Major attention has been given to investigation of chemical changes of aromatic polymers, above all polyarylenephthalides.
The reaction of inculcation of epoxides on ester-bond without destruction of polymer backbonen has been disclosed for the first time. Development of these investigations leaded to creation of new direction in the chemistry of heterochain polymers.
Investigations carried out allowed to synthesize above mentioned classes of cardo polymers. It provided the elaboration of materials based on these polymers possessing by complex of valuable properties and having practical application. They are injection-molded thermoplastics, thermoreactive binders for reinforced plastics, АSP-materials, vibration-absorbing materials, film dielectrics, adhesives for tensometers, filter-passing materials.
Scientific publications: more than 200 papers and 80 Russian and foreign patents.
2. Korshak V.V., Vinogradova S.V., Salazkin S.N., Komarova L.I. «Cardo polyarylates with phthalimidine groups». European polymer J., 1974, V. 10, № 10, P. 967.
3. Salazkin S.N., Rafikov S.R., Zolotukhin M.G., Tolstikov G.A. «New way of synthesis of aromatic polymers». Doklady Acad. Sci., 1982, V. 262, № 2, P. 355.
4. Gileva N.G., Zolotukhin M.G., Salazkin S.N., Sultanova V.N., Herhold H.-H., Raabe D. «Synthese von aromatischen polyketonen durch falungspolykondensation». Acta Polymerica, 1988, B. 39, № 8, S. 452.
5. Komarova L.I., Salazkin S.N., Vygodskii Ya.S., Vinogradova S.V. «New polymers and polymer systems based on epoxydes and polyheteroarylenes» (review). Vysokomolek. Soedin., ser. A, 1990, V. 32, № 8, P. 1571.
6. Zolotukhin M.G., Fattakhov R.K., Kovardakov V.A., Egorov A.E., Salazkin S.N., Sultanova V.S., Maslukhov R.K., Khalilov L.M. «Poly(Phthalidylidenarylene)s. Transformation of poly(3,3-phthalidyliden-4,4-biphenylene) in acidic media». Makromol. Chem., 1993, B. 194, № 2, S. 533.
7. Donetskii K.I.,. Salazkin S.N, Gorshkov G.V., Shaposhnikova V.V. «Polyaryleneethers (polyaryleneetherketones and polyaryleneethersulphones) containing side carboxyl groups». Doklady Acad. Sci., 1996, V. 350, № 2, P. 213.
8. Salazkin S.N., Donetskii K.I., Gorshkov G.V., Shaposhnikova V.V., Genin Ya.V., Genina M.M. «Synthesis of crystallizable cardo aromatic polyketones». Vysokomolek. Soedin., Ser. A, 1997, V. 39, № 9, P. 1431.